Pages

May 28, 2010

The Beautiful Blog Award

Weel, Joanna gave me an award! Thanks Joanna!



So, when you get this award, you're supposed to:



  • Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
Ok, all five people who are reading this (except for Joanna - you already know what you wrote), head on over to Joanna's blog!  She's fun, talented (you should check out her Etsy store, Josnazz -she has some really cute earrings) and is a beautiful Christian.  If you haven't read her blog yet (though I think you all have) you should. 

  • Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
Done.
  • Tell us seven interesting facts about yourself.
Hmm, no guarantee on the interesting part...

     1.  I lived in North Dakota for ten years, and love it there.  The people, the land, the weather (though I've grown less fond of snow than I once was), the wildlife, the smell.  I could go on and on, but I doubt you came here to read about North Dakota, so I'll spare you.
     2.  I love clean sheets (I warned you).
     3.  I like trying new foods.  
     4.  I laugh at kids who are throwing tantrums.  Does anyone else find that funny? 
     5.  I think it's a great idea for girls to go to college, even if they aren't planning to have an out-of-home career.  Some may think "Well, of course!" and others may disagree with me.  That topic is a whole new post in itself, though, so more later. 
     6.  I like old movies.  Old, old movies, from the 1930's and '40's.  If you'd like to watch one, I recommend The Sea Hawk, with Errol Flynn.  Or The Adventures of Robin Hood, also with Flynn (though you might snicker through that one).
     7.  I have very little patience for picky eaters.  Eat it, or don't.  No substitutes.  You may pity any children I have in the future.  They will eat their kale, and like it (though liking the food is not a requirement).
  • Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you have discovered.
Well, I'm pretty boring (as you now know quite well),  and don't read too many blogs (but the ones I do I spend too much time on).  So, I award (and recommend) the following blogs:
  •  Contact your nominations and let them know they’ve won.
Don't feel an obligation to do all the things awarded people are supposed to do.  Especially if you were already awarded. 

So, to wrap up this lengthy post, thanks for the award Joanna!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kara!

    Just stopped bye and I love your blog!

    Oh, my. Clean sheets are sooo wonderful. Every Thursday they are changed in the Wachter home and it's so wonderful when you crawl into bed at night with those wonderful smelling clean sheets:)

    And picky eaters....my Mom can't tolerate them either. It's eat it or don't. So me and all my sibs will eat anything but when we babysit other kids we find is SO frustrating when they won't eat the beautiful food put in front of them...*sigh*

    Love in Christ,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nana! I'm so sorry it took me so long to comment back to you!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you like it. :)

    Oh yes, clean sheets are them best. I've never bothered to iron them, but I think that would be nice too.

    Could I have an invitation to your blog?

    Thanks again for stopping and commenting!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete