Pages

July 10, 2012

A Fiddlers' Jamboree!


I first heard about the Smithville Fiddler's Jamboree last summer.  The family I babysat for (Sara, the mom, is one of my closest friends) went every single year, and the little girls were wildly excited about it!  When this family moved to Georgia last winter, Sara invited me to meet them at the Jamboree this year!  Her wonderful brother- and sister-in-law let me stay at their house with all the extended family, and it. was. wonderful.

A Ruth, Soph and Zeke to kiss and cuddle.  Fresh squeezed lemonade.  The last light of the day.  Folk art.  Beards to make a viking jealous.  Old time fiddle bands.  Mountain dulcimer.  Mandolin.  Banjo.  Crazy-fast flatfoot dancing (I'd never heard of it before).  Deep, caring conversations.  Sitting in the living room together, singing bluegrass and folk tunes.  Chocolate mint tea in the morning.  So many good, good memories.  God is so good to give us other people.  And music.

No comments:

Post a Comment