Pages

November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Flowers



My dad's dad (we call him Papooh) is quite the gardener.  We visited my grandma and him for Thanksgiving (Hello, six people and a dog in one vehicle for eleven hours), and he told me to take whatever flowers I liked and arrange something for the Thanksgiving table.

I've really enjoyed looking at the work of Amy Merrick, and tried to get that natural, over-flowing still life look.  Using flowers and greenery that had grown outside, in a garden, was such a nice change from the greenhouse-grown, fresh-from-Amsterdam-and-who-knows-where-else-before-that flowers at the flower store.  Those flowers have their strong points, of course, but these were fresh and lovely and... honest.

Thanks, Papooh!




1 comment:

  1. They're beautiful! I love the more wild and natural looking flowers.

    ReplyDelete