Pages

February 7, 2011

In Which February Comes Sweeping In

     The air outside is damp and cold, and a mixture of rain and snow has been steadily falling all day.  The house is gray and quiet inside, because half the family is very sick and two of the healthy people are away.  I left a still house this morning to go to class, and came back to a still house. I ventured out again to the post office to mail a package in the afternoon, and when I returned the house was still quiet.  This type of day makes me want to hunker down in a big chair with a book and some tea.  I think I will do that, as I feel sorry for my poor parents and brother (though he's recovering quickly).  I'm afraid the book will have to be about accounting, but that's ok.  I'll survive.

     Plans are brewing in my head.  Plans for lots of things, like traveling, watching birds, helping more at church, sewing, designing, and walking the dog.  Good plans. Plans that I hope will work and turn into something.  But I should remember these verses:"Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit' - yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.'" James 4:13-15 
  
     I'm glad life doesn't happen according to my plan, because I would mess. it. up.  God won't. 

...

Talk about a stream of consciousness post.

No comments:

Post a Comment