Pages

June 11, 2011

Convicting Words


I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
     to you, O LORD, I will make music.
I will ponder the way that is blameless.
     Oh when will you come to me?
I will walk with integrity of heart
     within my house;
I will not set before my eyes
     anything that is worthless.
I hate the work of those who fall away;
     it shall not cling to me.
A perverse hear shall be far from me;
     I will know nothing of evil.

(Psalm 101:1-4)


     Could I use this as a description of myself without lying?  Sadly, no.  For instance, how often do I ponder the way that is blameless, meditating on God's Word?  Nowhere near often enough.  How often do I set before my eyes something that is worthless by wasting time on the internet or reading books that have little eternal value?  Far too often. There is a Redeemer, and only through his mercy and grace can I ever hope to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment