- Being with my extended family.
- Spending time in Minot with close friends.
- Making cake and going to graduation parties with Kate.
- Seeing Joanna of Jo-with-it's Portfolio and her fun family. It was the first time in nearly seven years, and so enjoyable!
- Celebrating my cousin's graduation.
- Watching birds. If you ever want to see a wide variety of birds, including ones you've never heard of (Bay-Breasted Warbler and Philadelphia Vireo, anyone? I didn't know they exist.), go to North Dakota during migration.
- Swatting vulture-sized mosquitoes.
- David shot his first raccoon. And killing a carp. And a rattlesnake. For real. Somehow, David is still alive.
- Music, music, music!
- Reading and painting.
- Meeting Joren, a Swedish woman who was a foreign exchange student at my cousin's school last year, and came back for the graduation. She was so sweet, and very fun to talk with.
- Watermelon and blueberries.
- Spending lots of time outside, in the grass, wind, and sun.
- As always, coming home. This was especially fun, as Beth and Dad couldn't come with us on the trip.
June 8, 2011
After sixteen busy days on the road in North Dakota and Minnesota, our family is safely back at home. Here are a few of the highlights:
at 12:45 PM