Pages

April 30, 2010

Wrapping Up and Fresh Starts


I hate change.  Almost always.  And there are a lot of chages that are happening/ about to happen.  Some I like, others, I do not.

Wrapping up:
  • Ms. Anna at Pleasantview Schoolhouse is going to stop blogging.  I'm really going to miss reading her posts.
  • I just taught my last in-home art classes for the semester, and after I finish teaching at the local cottage school in a couple of weeks, I probably won't teach art classes again for several years.   It may be nice to have a break, but I'm really going to miss the sweet kids!
  • Beth is moving out next semester.  She'll still be close to home, but she won't be sleeping here, eating breakfast here, living here.  
  • I'm finishing up my last home school classes.  I love being home schooled, and I'm really going to miss it.
Fresh Starts:
  • I will probably have a job at Dr. Wonderful's office over the summer!  Definitely a change I'll enjoy.
  • Beth is moving into the dorms at college.  Not a change I'll enjoy.
  • Beth bought her own car car, so now, of course, she can be my chauffeur!  I do still need to convince her of that, though.
  • I'll start college in August.  Scary and exciting, all at once.  I'll let you know whether or not I like it in about four years.

 Things that are coming up:
  • Graduation. I chose not to have a ceremony (a ceremony for just one person is generally called either a coronation or a funeral, after all), but I will be having a party!
  • My friend Kate is going to visit this summer!  Yes!
  • Rachel and I are putting on an art and writing camp.  It's nature themed, which will provide plenty of inspiration!  And a good excuse to be outdoors.
I'm glad the secret to being content is in the Bible.  "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Phil.4:13)."  So, so glad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kara! ... I was starting to write more, but it was getting wordy, so I'll send you an E-mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete