Pages

May 7, 2010

Mint in My Lemonade


I have officially worked two days in a "real" job!  Thank you, Dr. Wonderful!   I feel comfortable with the data base, and I actually faxed a couple of things today, but - the phone.  Oh, the phone.  I haven't answered a single call yet, mainly due to the fact that I haven't been the closest person to it, but a couple times I waited too long to answer it because I'm worried about what will happen when I do.

To put it like Jakie would, I skeered.

Not just of the people at the other end (which really isn't logical, by the way), but the phone itself is like a black hawk helicopter!  Because I can't answer many of the callers' questions, I'll be transferring most of the calls, and I keep on forgetting how to do that.  So they show me again, and I forget again. 

Ah, well.  I'm sure it will come to me eventually. 

I do like the fax machine.  We understand eachother, the fax machine and I.  I don't send too many pages at one time, and it keeps things simple and tells me exactly what to do.

The lemonade picture really doesn't relate to anything.  Before we moved, a friend told me that Southerners really like mint in their lemonade, and that I'd better get used to it.  After almost six years of living here, someone offered me minty lemonade for the first time last week. Technically, it was lemonade mixed with sparkling water and sprig of mint. I really like it!   Hence the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment