Pages

January 4, 2011

Green. Definitely Green. (and EDIT)


I want to try this, and  I think I will for breakfast tomorrow, less the kale, seeing how we don't have any on hand.  Ever.  Is it good?

"Kale, Spinach and Pear Smoothie Per Joy the Baker (The photo is hers as well)
1 heaping cup spinach leaves
1 heaping cup chopped kale leaves
1/2 pear
1 frozen banana
1 1/2 cups cold almond milk (or soy milk or orange juice)
1 tablespoon honey
Remove kale leaves from their rough center stalk and coarsely chop.  In a blender, combine kale spinach and almond milk.  Blend until no big kale bits remain.  Stop blender and add banana honey and pear.  Blend until smooth.  Enjoy immediately."
EDIT:  This is really very good!  I made it with regular milk, all spinach, and apple instead of pear (though pear would have been good).  By the way, if you ever try to freeze a banana for a recipe, do yourself a favor and peel it first.  Frozen bananas do not peel well.  If you don't peel it, your only hope is to rinse it under hot water for a while and scrape off the thawed, now mushy peel.  Trust me, I know.

1 comment:

  1. My Mom makes something similar. It isn't so bad really. :-) Not my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete